Thursday, May 25, 2006

Captain's Log: Supplemental

Well everything is going to change now because I just got offered and accepted a job. Actually I got offered two jobs this week. The first was the clearance PA job for what I think was the Apprentice. It would have been a nightmare of a job, basically running around with a film crew getting strangers who appeared in the shot to sign a release. They called me and said "Daniel we really liked you in your interview and we'd like to offer you a FULL TIME position starting at $7.25 an hour!" $7.25 an hour? Don't they make more than that at Taco Bell? I called them back and politely declined their offer. The other job, the job I took, is working as an assistant editor at World of Wonder (the place Skylar has connections - he basically got me the job). It's great because I'll be starting as an assistant editor and not a digitizer, which is essentially one rung up the ladder. The only drawbacks to the job are that it's at night (6pm-3am) and that I won't be getting paid a tremendous amount of cash. Still, it will be enough for me to pay my bills and I've been saying all along how I need to start at the bottom and work my way up. This is an ideal job for that. I'll get great experience and pretty soon I'll have a resume that actually has a bunch of professional credits on it. I've heard that the night crew over at WOW is very cool and fun to hang out with. That leaves me with my days free to write and pursue voice-over work, which is great. What it doesn't leave me with is the chance for a social life, but hey, I don't have much of a social life right now so what am I complaining about? I start Tuesday and the first project I'll be working on is a documentary about Jim and Tammy Faye Baker's son who has a punk-rock ministry in Atlanta. I'm a little nervous, but I guess that's to be expected. Engage!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home